2017 Theme: "BRILLIANT"
Whether it's dragon boats, streetcars, sports teams or donuts, show us your favorite creation. Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences, and - ideally - home made. We reserve the right to disqualify inappropriate costumes.
Everyone entering the contest will be pre-judged. You must arrive at the screening area west of the stage no later than 6:30 p.m. on Saturday evening with your bib number on your costume. To conduct the contest in a timely and tasteful fashion, our judges will pre-screen contestants in each category and reward the top 6 in each category with the chance to continue to the final round. At 7 p.m. you must be present for final judging in front of the crowd of event participants!
Singles only, boys or girls, six to 15 years old
2 persons or more ages six to 15
Singles only, men OR women 16 and older
2 persons or more ages 16 and older
Alaska Airlines tickets for top adult individual entry and many more prizes to be awarded by audience applause. Other prizes include:
Weekend getaways at the Oregon Coast/Tolovana
Dinners for the group - Old Spaghetti Factory and more
Gift certificates from Foot Traffic/Saucony
Tickets to Grand Floral Parade - inside seating
Tickets to Rose Festival CityFair
- You must be a registered participant in the Starlight Run and be wearing your event bib number to enter the costume contest.
- To qualify for the final round of competition on stage at 7 p.m., you must be present at the pre-judging area at 6:30 p.m.
- Age limitations outlined in “Categories” above will be enforced.
- Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone for inappropriate costumes.
- Event judges have the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- Audience applause will assist in determining the winners, but the judge’s decision is final.
- Late arrivals will NOT be allowed in the final round of competition at 7:00 p.m.