2017 Theme: "BRILLIANT"
Whether it's dragon boats, streetcars, sports teams or donuts, show us your favorite creation. Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences, and - ideally - home made. We reserve the right to disqualify inappropriate costumes.
Everyone entering the contest will be pre-judged. You must arrive at the screening area west of the stage no later than 6:30 p.m. on Saturday evening with your bib number on your costume. To conduct the contest in a timely and tasteful fashion, our judges will pre-screen contestants in each category and reward the top 6 in each category with the chance to continue to the final round. At 7 p.m. you must be present for final judging in front of the crowd of event participants!
Singles only, boys or girls, six to 15 years old
2 persons or more ages six to 15
Singles only, men OR women 16 and older
2 persons or more ages 16 and older
Alaska Airlines tickets for top adult individual entry and many more prizes to be awarded by audience applause. More prizes for 2017 event to be determined
- You must be a registered participant in the Starlight Run and be wearing your event bib number to enter the costume contest.
- To qualify for the final round of competition on stage at 7 p.m., you must be present at the pre-judging area at 6:30 p.m.
- Age limitations outlined in “Categories” above will be enforced.
- Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone for inappropriate costumes.
- Event judges have the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- Audience applause will assist in determining the winners, but the judge’s decision is final.
- Late arrivals will NOT be allowed in the final round of competition at 7:00 p.m.